Saturday, May 12, 2007

Potter of my life

Wow... time sure flies and it seems faster if you don't take good care of it... almost 18 May, the day which I will have another round of meeting with the TiddlyCard developers at 9am, then a meeting with my component-mates and my supervisors (Dr. Henz and Dr. Anderson)... also... our homework assignment, i.e, evaluation of the exisiting GUI libraries, is to be due... and look at how little I have done... not sure about my companions...

Just create a tiddler, GUI Internal Management, on the TiddlyCard wiki and haha... manage to dig something to write there, phew... well, I put up what I have done up there... continue to working on to complete the other blanks. GUI is not something I have "done" before during my three years, not to mention that I need to do it with JavaScript. Haha... finally pick up JavaScript during last few weeks and has been testing on the GUI toolkits... I been assigned Yahoo! UI (YUI), Google Web Toolkit (GWT) and Qooxdoo. I have looked through all of them and now "still" working on YUI. GWT looks awesome as there is a compiler that can translate Java to Javascript... but there is a lot "imports" or "rules" I have to follow... and haven't look at them carefully yet. Next Qooxdoo is the worst... no idea at all, except the fact that I gather from its website that it is licensed by LGPL/EGPL. Haha... other than that... still jumbly-mumbly dun know at all...

I install Ubuntu on my computer today and it is... quite easy... as I have found a good set of instructions that teach me how... haha (it is from the Ubuntu forum) then spent the whole afternoon with my brother playing around with it... installing softwares, such as Java SDK, Emacs... and so on... wow... that's interesting... haha... but when I think through... wondering if it is the right thing or not... hmm... I don't like the "restarting the computer" if I wanna switch. Troublesome you can see. Haha... hmm... having nothing to do with it though... think I let it stay for a few weeks... till I go back home... if it doesn't serve any purpose... then think I will remove it since it eats 2 GB of my computer... haha... or replace it with Solaris OS for another few weeks? Haha... not a bad idea... now left with 7 GB for my C drive. Haha...

My parents gonna come up on 14 May, haha... so I better be hurry with my stuff... so that I can enjoy my time with them hehe... (before 18 May comes), haha... hmm oopz... forgot to prepare a box of stuff for them to bring back to Brunei. (But I doubt that they will not return during our return to Singapore from our December holiday, hahaha...)

Although my companions looks "demoralised" with the project, I still continue to depend on my God to accomplish my task. Hehe... this is a trial, a test and a lesson for me to learn to depend on God more... if this is His test for me, He will surely bring me out of it safely... as what He has been doing all along with me. May God continues to guide me and mould me into what He likes. He is the potter of my life.

No comments: