Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rainy season

Back in my own room yesterday. Have been in "PraiseHaven" Bukit Timah Salvation Army from last Saturday, busy "entertaining" a group from Macau, their Australia & Singapore concert tour. I think our concert tour to Japan in 2005 is more fun than theirs though they have more people... they went around Australia and Singapore (last stop) with 12 days... and think there are 4 or 5 concerts. Haha... viola to them... so hardworking...

As expected, some of them are quite nice, but some of them just show their attitude... looking down on some of us as they think we just 'mere workers'... or 'servants'... it is not easy to entertain them due to some problem... (1) language barrier... both my bro and I don't know how to speak cantonese and... sometime I doubt that they understand our Chinese or English... (I know some do, those nice one... no need to mention those bad one le... they NEVER listen even if they do understand) (2) they always change plans... amhei and woodland cc has prepared very nice food for those vips, but they don't appreciate it... they wanna go back to hotel before the food come... haha... but we, 'workers', get to have those expensive food then. (3) They didn't give accurate informations... we wasted a lot of effort...

So... for 4 days, we went to the airport 3 days... day 1, pick up the advance party from the airport... the # of people in advance party is more than what they have told us... thus... we, 'workers', have no room to sleep in because we don't have enough rooms on that day. So we sleep in the lobby area, on the sofa... then wake up 4.45am to go to airport to pick up the main group... that's day 2... then go victoria concert hall for their rehearsal... they requested for snare drums and tom-tom, but... they brought their own snare drum and didn't use tom-tom... sweat... they say 4 bass chairs... but during rehearsal, they want 6... during concert... they don't wanna get off the stage when the guests are coming in le... anyway its their concert... management from above told me to get them off at 6.15pm, then also told me to "as long as they are happy"... wow... what an instruction... so concert/stage manager is not a good thing to do when your 'clients' are making life miserable for you... hope that's my last time being a concert/stage manager... what an experience... really sweat sweat...

I always felt rush whenever the clients don't listen to me but there are instructions passed down... I afraid that the management scold me for not getting them off the stage at 6.15pm... then if I insist (this is useless anyway... they won't listen), making them not happy, then that's the other side that the management can scold me le... so making my life really difficult, don't you think so? Haiz... anyway... hope there's no longer any case like that...

Haiz... day 3 is their masterclass... help them to arrange their chairs and instruments in the hall in the morning... then in the end they change the arrangement... really, I am not angry about this, I have expected it anyway. It just that I don't know they gonna shift and I don't know where to help, dun want later they say more help more trouble le... so I just stand there looking... but think my bro doesn't understand me... thought that I am angry about the shifting thus unwilling to help them... haiz...

Have been very sinful for me these few days... my heart occupied by the frustration and heat by these people... but I keep on praying silently in my heart to cool myself and my bro down... constantly reminding myself on God's teaching and really... He has shown kindness to us... our helpers, the lorry uncle, the bus drivers are all very helpful... and understanding... I always thank God for all these... for the food that He has given us... but remind myself that living in this world doesn't depend on these food only... but on God's word... God has His own plan and time... I am learning to put all my trust in Him... God's word is so much to learn... one can never fully understand God's word and there is no way for one to graduate from God's word... because His word are just too great!

How blessed are we His children... reflect on what He did for us all these while and we see His miraculous hands surrounding us, leading us on His way. Glad I am one of His children. He also give his command to all His children to save people from sin by inviting him to receive the salvation and willing to be His children... he will be as blessed as any of us...

No comments: