Friday, November 02, 2007

2 Assignments at one go...

This is a rare event this sem... 2 assignments coming at one time from different modules, haha... this had been a quiet semester, except some of those days that my computer broke down and some midterm exams. All the assignments given in quite a time and my bro and I can finish them in every Saturday. Hehe.. things start piling up especially the stuff I need to revise. Haha, especially MA2222, which I still have quite a lot of difficulties in doing its tutorial. I have been quite slack in other modules.

Having a bad mouth ulcers started middle of last week (luckily the family fellowship is over, coz I don't wanna miss those nice food, right?)... mouth ulcers at 3 places, one is caused by another, so... yea... thank God that the first one is recovering fast. The last one, also the biggest one, is very deep inside my mouth, causing me pain in my jaw and giving me some headaches. Haha... may God continue to heal my mouth ulcers, and give me the spirit of patience, hehe... keep me standing against these mouth ulcers haha...

I have been reading a book, titled 神人:建立与神紧密相连的人生, chinese book though. Talks about Elijah and Elisha, how we can learn lessons from their live walking very closely to God. When Israel was forsaking God's word, the queen of Israel, a non-Israelites, gave the order to kill all prophets of God, many were killed, left with 100 who hidden away. But one brave prophet of God, Elijah willing to stand out for God. Read more about it and you know what's the meaning of God man, (direct translation of 神人). Haha... however, I yet to complete the book, still a few pages left.

Anyway, the 2 assignments this time is pretty tough I guess, one writing program in Prolog, one using a software call Chronos to detect WCET (Worst Case Execution Time) of some program, haha... 说了你们也不明白. But I believe my God will bring me through this. Hehe... just do my part, follow His will for me. Thank God for all the guidance.

Oh ya, my HYP... still doing my forms... but my supervisor adds in another task... doing API for distributive applications, haha (what's that got to do with GUI?) but anyway, it sounds interesting, but... yeah... complicated in terms of implementation again. He told me to think abstractly, not too deep on implementation. Hmm... data structures, black box... wow... my HYP... haha... die? Haha... it all depends on my relationship with God and how much I willing to depend and believe in His hands. Is my God's hand too short for all these?

That's remind me of verses in Numbers 11. It says about the Israelites want to eat meat, and Moses cried to the Lord and in the end the Lord brought them the meat they want (it's a miracle, of how the Lord gave meat to 2,400,000++ people in the desert/wilderness by the way). In verse Numbers 11:21-23,

But Moses said, "Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, 'I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!' Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?" The Lord answered Moses, "Is the Lord's arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you."

And yes, the people are fed with meat, mentioned in Numbers 11:31-32,

Now a wind went out from the Lord and drove quail in from the sea. It brought them down all around the camp to about three feet above the ground, as far as a day's walk in any direction. All that day and night and all the next day the people went out and gathered quail. No one gathered less than ten homers.

So look at God's providence here. Whenever you meet troubles, pray to the God and have faith in Him. May God continue to guide all His children.

No comments: