Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mid-academic-year holiday started for me

After a tough semester of battling three modules and HYP, I have finally reached the holiday, thank God. The examination are done for this semester, but not my HYP. I have forgotten where I have left off (or should I say I dare not to remember where I left off), now I have a choice of whether to do "persistance" or "drag-n-drop" for my forms. I look at some scripts for drag-n-drop features, and they looked horrible... looks like foreign language to me... long and wide, haha... so think I better go think how I add persistancey to my form then... another difficult part though. Still thinking how to do that. Haha...

I am going back to Kuala Belait, Brunei on Dec 14, yea! Bought the air tickets already and I have forgotten to do one thing before buying the tickets -- ask my HYP supervisor whether I need to stay back or not. Haha, since I have bought the tickets, all I could do now is... to INFORM him that I am going back to Brunei on Dec 14, :D and back on Jan 12... wonder how's his face gonna be like... here's an imaginary scenario:

He would smile and ask, "Wow, I never expect you will go back for a month, what are you doing back home then?"
I smile (too) and answer, "Going back, relax, also continue to do my project of course, the forms. Thinking how do I make the form such that it can do save and load, also if possible, add in the drag-n-drop features."
He would knob his head while listening to my reply. Then said, "Ok, so you gonna continue to work on your project at home, right?"
"Yeah, I keep myself updated with the posts in Tiddlycard wiki. You can send me emails too, I'll check my mail regularly."
"Ok, that's great. Hope you enjoy your time at home and by the time you back from your holiday, we see how your forms go. If everything goes well, then we try to see how we can make your forms work in distributive environment."

There you go. I know my supervisor is nice, haha... he's a 外国人, and I seen a lot of 外国老师really take holiday as holiday, no work... just enjoy and relax (while I studied in JIS, Brunei). Haha...

Continue to pray for one another, and 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 is the least that a Christian should know about God's will for all of us: "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". Brothers and sisters, let us continue to work hard to glorify our Lord's name and continue to do what He wants us to do: Spread the gospel and love another.

What is love? Many people including children have a wrong conception of love. All they think love is just philio love. But there is another love that is greater: agape love. Refer to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".

You see how great love is and God is love. If you tell your partner (boyfriend or girlfriend) that you love him/her very much, it means that "I will be patient with you; I will be kind to you; I will not envy you; ... ; I will always protect you; I will always trust you; I always have hope in you; I always perseveres for you". Can you truly do that for your partner? God says He loves us, and He really mean what this love mean, including sacrificing His only son, Jesus Christ, for our sin, in order to save us.

That's all for now.

No comments: