Saturday, January 19, 2008

End of 1st week

Another week of no-tutorials left... have to make use of these days to work on our hyp, because when the tutorial comes in, we're be busy... We have to attend 3 Maths modules' tutorials (currently still balloting).

Lecture Theatre confusion
Yesterday, we (Tung Ngie and I) went for our QF3101 lecture at 4pm in LT21. As the time approached 4pm, we can see some students taking out their lecture notes... but surprisingly, it wasn't the same lecture notes as us. It had "Receptor Signal" written on it. We started to look around and found there are some familiar faces (that was our 2nd lecture of the module) we saw during the 1st lecture, but there are some unfamiliar faces as well. Haha... not long... a lecturer came in and it wasn't the lecturer for QF3101, but PP2106. Haha... everyone is confused... and it is either we go or they go. Our lecturer, Dr Tan, reached just in time before the PP2106 lecturer chased us out. Don't worry, no rough talk, just some quiet talk (all the noises came from the students)... after some phone calling in and out, our lecturer decided to compromise and let PP2106 to have one hour of lecture, and we would return at 4.45pm. (Looks like their lecture time is shorter as it has been delayed at the beginning, then 4.45pm chased out by us)

Anyway, this morning we went to check their timetable, their venue is LT33, instead of LT21. Maybe the lecturer has been using that LT for PP2106 and didn't realise there's a change in the venue. Most surprisingly is that the students are as blur as the lecturer? If not, how come the students also came to LT21? Haha... strange... anyway, our lecturer said that won't happen again. Haha...

How's my HYP now?
Well, I did quite a number of stuff for my HYP during the break and I really thank my Lord for that. My holiday has not been wasted. Haha... it looks as if I have finished my project, can start writing report (only that I don't know what to write)... but after I met with Dr Martin Henz (my co-supervisor), I got myself into some exploration to do. I need to look at Tcl/tk and GTK on how form can be represented in a higher-level manner, represented in JSON or other Javascript data structures. Haha... that's what I have been doing the whole morning... plus the last 2hrs. Then maybe there's a meeting with Michael Clark again coming Thursday (not yet confirmed). I don't know what Michael will bring out... but I am assured that I got something to demo for my HYP. Haha...

Has been reminding myself not to be lazy this semester, the last but busy semester, 22MC. Hehe... so have to work hard, try to absorb what the lecturers' said, especially MA3245 and QF3101. Requires a lot to think... oopz, I left out CS4271. Yesterday my brother and I checked out the Science Co-op during the 4.15pm-4.45pm time span (after the LT confusion). We found the textbook for ST1232 and CS4271... and they are really expensive... $66+ and $80+ respectively... wah... terrible... we haven't buy them of course... haha...

Anyway, back to the exploration... I feels like I need to write something that assembles GTK+ or Tcl/tk... but I am alone... those two toolkits are made by their respective TEAMS. Haha... I am not Zhuge Liang (Kong Ming)... haha... tomorrow Sunday... start of next week...

No comments: