Saturday, July 05, 2008

NUS Commencement 2008

NUS Commencement 2008

It is the coming week... but my convocation is only on 15 July, that's next Tuesday, not the coming Tuesday. Haha... too bad my brother and I could only get a day leave for our own convocation leave, thus I will have my leave on 15 July while my bro on 7 July. Haha... my parents are coming tomorrow. Hehe... and it is TungLieng's birthday tomorrow as well, haha... I think my current stay is too far from MRT for my parents (and my grandfather and aunt), also... this unit has no aircon and I don't think it is big enuf for all of us to stay in haha... so I think they prefer Chinatown there to here, haha... at least there got aircon and near to MRT. Haha...

The sad thing will be we have work from morning 8.30am till 5.30pm, thus we could only join them after our work... and we pretty booked up on 10, 12 and 13 July. Haha... we will have a dinner with friends on 10 July and church activities on both 12 and 13 July. I do hope my mum will be able to join us for service on 13 July. Haha... have to pray to God about this. Haha... as we all know... it is not natural for us to be faithful to God.

Using the Dinosaur again

Yes, the dinosaur here refers to my old laptop, HP Compaq Presario 2500, bought 4 yrs ago... haha... it has been with me throughout my NUS years and I am glad it is still working. Haha... what happen to my new laptop? Oh I lent it to a sister in church, haha... her comp, sadly, broke down the other day... anyway, I am not using my new laptop to much extent as well... I can't bring the company work home anyway... so I am using laptop for online in MSN, Yahoo!, etc... waiting for people to chat with me, teeheehee... TungNgie is using his old laptop as well, his new one is with TungLieng, whom laptop also spoilt (hard disk spoilt?). Haha... laptops... if you can sustain it for 4 or 5 years, it is a very good laptop le I guess. Haha...

2nd Basketball Session

We went for our 2nd basketball session on last Thursday... still can't get my shot in... but I think TungNgie has been shooting well, haha... what a changeover from the first session. Haha... anyway... we play a game... but before we finish the 21 points game, two persons joined us... want to challenge us to a 11 points game. Wow... though I felt pretty disturbed, it is hard to say 'no' I guess... so we played with them... and what do you know? We managed to win the game... haha that's unusual for us haha... we are usually the one losing... but TungNgie managed to pull through it and scored inside, without getting blocked... my shots just don't fall into the bucket... haiz... dun know why I just can't get myself to penetrate nearer to the net. Haiz...

After we won, they wanted another game... a game of 7 this time... I can see TungNgie quite tired le... anyway, we went on... and for that, we actually don't feel going for the ball le... as they scored, they kinda get wild and their attitude, to me, seem mocking us... I mean looking down on us... well I try to get that thought out of my mind... it was when we got to 5-1, where they are leading. I manage to get some balls in and TungNgie continued to score inside, we manage to chase them to a tie at 6-6. TungNgie made the last one and we won the 2nd game. Wow... winning 1 game is unusual, but 2 games are rare. Haha... I thank God for the time and we still manage to wake up the next day to walk to work. Haha...

Lunch at Queensway McD

This is the longest time I have been in McD... Queensway McD to be precise. Haha... we met some of our friends this afternoon. Organised by Xue Hui, there's 10 of us - TungNgie, Ferry, ChangKiat, XueHui, YaLiang, KahYing, YungHua, LuYin, Diep and me. Haha... NUSHO 1st exco... haha... we missed HwaChin and CheeWee. Haha... we had a very long chat there, with three tables... haha... so three different topics. Haha... we also took some photographs and I will post it up when I got them. Haha... we started gathering at 1pm... then well it is up to 2pm like that before we have the full team except LuYin who came much later. Haha... but we left the McD at 6pm. Haha... 5 hrs... wow... haha... never had such long time in McD before...

Someone back from ShangHai

Yup, someone back from Shang Hai and my brother is pretty busy le, haha... she has paid our current home a visit just now, haha... then my brother accompanied her home. Haha... think my bro is on the way back le. Haha... ok, that's all for now.

No comments: