Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cleaning up the house

Clean up

We two tried our best to clean up the boxes, but haha... since TungNgie has found LiChe's stuff, we took some of the things out of the boxes (cleared 3 boxes) and put them in some drawers. Haha... then we went to clear our desks, and slept the floor, mop, clean the toilet and so on. Haha... has been a busy afternoon.

After that we took a nice bath, play a game of virtual basketball, watched the last few seconds of olympic basketball - Argentina vs Iran. Pretty good match, Iran managed to make a run at the last few minutes, but can't score enough to chase the Argentina's. Haha... oh well... saw some NBA players, Emmanuel Ginobili, Luis Scola and Carlos Delfino. Haha... Ginobili was the MVP of that game with 32 points. Haha... then we have maggi mee for our dinner... laundry and that's it! That's my Saturday! Haha...

Getting my laptop

That's how I spent my morning... getting my dinosaur from the vet... and the vet confirmed that my dinosaur is "incurable", in other words... no hope le... haha... well that's the end of my dinosaur... 4 years with me... died on its 5th year... I was hoping I can have a "test PC" so that I can install Ubuntu, Solaris, other operating systems so that I can "try" these systems, hehe... too bad then, haha...

Singapore going GREEN?

Haha... this is terrible... Singapore going green is good, but... what if the people is not cooperating? Haha... you can only see that the campaign is a failure, haha... people are burning "hell money" to "celebrate" the "ghost days"? Hhaha... I don't know all those stuff, but I think burning things and do all those sorts of "tian ling ling, di ling ling" are crazy things... the burning things defeat the go gree campaign, and the government didn't do anything about it, going green huh? Ya right... who could have believed that? Haha... this sinful world cannot be green anymore because of the sins of all men...

Hmm if you ask yourselves, why do the people burn these "hell money", etc thingy? Is it because they fear of ghosts coming out to haunt them? Then why don't believe in the salvation that God has prepared for everyone? By accepting the salvation, we know we are going to heaven after leaving this world, and we know we have an all powerful God that we can depend on.

Just look at Israel, last time they burned their children, sacrificing to idols (the god Molech)... yet they end up in trouble... now the people burn papers and things... a less significant things for sacrificial, will they escape from trouble like that? Haha... no way... God is in control of all things... something that many people see it... they thod Satan is controlling the world, that's why all the fear... well I won't be surprise if a non-believer doesn't know where he/she will go after leaving this world, because they don't have the assurance...

Anyway, other than that... it is impossible for a country to go green, because of the sin of all men. Oh man, I prefer taking bus than walking due to all those smoke from the burning activities... haha... another thing is smoking... you can see people smoking everywhere... really... and the smokers don't care where they are standing... they just... smoke... well... these smokers are inconsiderate... they can go ahead harming their own health... they wanna harm others health as well by smoking in the public... smoking at the middle of the pathway... haiz... sad to see such people... no matter what's the age... once I saw a skinny old man... very skinny... looks fragile... but then still smoke... and... did the government do anything about it? I can only pray. Haha...

Considerate passengers

In MRT or bus, I would thank my Lord when I saw someone let out his/her seats for others, maybe elders, pregnant women, disabled, etc... haha... I usually stand in bus and MRT. Haha... oh ya... speaking of consideration, haha... you can see Singapore's courtesy campaign didn't go quite well... on MRT platform, yellow lines are drawn and boards and announcements are all telling the passengers, "please let others alight first before going into the train"... haha.... this is the worst scene... you can see people who want to alight when the MRT stop in front of you, right? Before the door open, all the passengers on the platform gather round the door, as if... 1, 2, 3, when the door open, ATTACK! What an ugly sight... people are alighting and boarding at the same time... as if the people are so scare that they can't get on the train... or the train will close its door when he/she was on the way in.... hmm haha... humans... people... sinners, yes... I thank God that I am a sinner saved by grace, totally thankful to my Lord...

Ok, now to get some sleep for tomorrow's bible study and worship service! Nitez...

No comments: