Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Long wait at SATA Chai Chee

Medical Report Form (27 Aug)

I thank God for He finally answered my prayers regarding my PR Application. For His grace unto me, it is a letter of approval and some forms that I need to complete, including medical report form (for doctor to fill up) and a company form (for my employer to fill up). I decided to go to SATA this morning to complete my medical report form. I thought I could get back to company as early as 10am, thus I didn't apply for a half-day leave.

Thank God that I manage to find my way to SATA, up on a hill, with TungNgie screaming at the other end of the phone because I didn't get what he meant before. Haha... for registration, I got a queue number "005" and I was indeed happy... thought that I really can make it to the company around 10am... it was 8.45am after I am done with registration, thus I got a new queue number, "105"... and I saw numbers like "102" and "104" on the TV (numbers don't run in sequence)... thus that led me to think it would be my turn soon... I need to do X-ray, HIV screening and consultation with a doctor.

However, to my surprise... my first activity, X-ray, only begun at 9.45am... 1 hr after my registration... my 2nd activity, consultation followed on, that's good... but my 3rd activity, blood test, is an hour next again. Haha... so... a long wait at SATA. Tonight I saw on the Today newspaper, under Voices column, the big title "Long wait at polyclinic" made me recalled this event. Haha...

Tough Testing (28 Aug)

Friday is coming... and it means we need to buck up our effort for lab testing... there's a lot of on demand build-ings this 2 weeks... and I won't be surprise if there's more too next week, haha... though we are moving forward to another phase of testing...software development is not as easy as you think... or... as I think, haha... especially testing... problems arose even before my team's product get to open... haha... anyway, will continue to pray to my Lord for giving us the wisdom and knowledge to solve all the problems we met... haha... busy and rush periods, hehe...

MSN Space vs Google Blogger

Looks like MSN has improved a lot, trying to improve the image of its Vista. The chief developer of Window 7 has started up blogging and willing to receive comments from users, although I am not sure if they are going to implement what does their user want. Haha... I have been using Window from young and... I can't deny that I am so used to Window this OS. Haha... although sometime I do find it frustrating to use, after I tried Ubuntu... I still think I better get back to Window. Haha... and I will not be able to recognise all the features by Apple Mac after I used my friend's mac. Haha... it has only one button for the touchpad.

I have tried once to uninstall Ms Office, using open source, free software like Open Office, Firefox, etc, but I just can't find the features I want. Haha... I have tried Ubuntu and kinda like it, hoping to have install it in a machine, so that I can play with. Haha... I thought my dinosaur will be that machine, but haha... it died before I install it... haha...

I heard Google is having some problems, with its app engine, Gmail, etc... for now, I haven't experience such trouble from Blogger yet. Haha... I got back my MSN Space, http://tungleh.spaces.live.com/, but haven't decorate it, haha... thinking how should I dealt with that... not sure when I move it to there... (after I used up my Picasa storage?) Haha... I will state here when I move over. Haha... where's Yahoo? Haha... I would like to hear how YUI is doing... haha... it is one of the nice GUI library online that I have tried during my Honours year. Haha...

No comments: