Sunday, August 10, 2008

National Day holiday

Holiday on 11 Aug

It is surprising to know that NUS still conducts lectures, some of the brothers and sisters does not have a break on 11 Aug. Since 9 Aug is the national day of Singapore and it fell on a Saturday, I thought 11 Aug is made holiday for everyone, but it isn't. Haha...

Invitation for evangelistic meetings

Heard about a lot of message regarding spreading the gospel these few weeks, because our church's September Evangelistic Meetings are near, less than a month away. Yea... very true... the most important thing that I neglected during my four years in NUS (more precise, all my years in schools and university) is to spread gospel... hopefully I have made a good testimony for my Lord in front of my friends, let them inspect how we Christians do things and how we make our decision... and who do we depend on when we met with difficulties. Yes, these parts and parser of life, no matter how "small" it is, they are relevant... as in showing how Christ lives in our life.

I really give this "spreading gospel" task (the great commission that our Lord Jesus Christ has entrusted to all believers before He ascended to heaven) a big thought... how could I have not spread gospel to my friends, my so-called "best friends"? And to think that God put my bro and I with them together again in the same university after we have left Singapore for two years. By these two years, my friends have introduced more friends to us... and we met new friends as well... the sad thing is... I have never spread gospel to them... I only "try" (not to my best) to invite them for previous evangelistic meetings... I am afraid... afraid that I lost these friends... and I'll be alone... Satan's powerful trick... blinded me from my God...

Eventually, after hearing so many messages on how we should honour God, not men... on agreeing that I need to carry my own cross to walk with Him and this requires me to pay prices. Think of how Christ suffer for me... but how do I have repay Him? Nothing... but it is never too late to begin my work... the work of paying the price to follow Him. This really requires God's strength and wisdom... and He has promised that He will provide if we ask...

Baptism thought and Service to my Lord

I do think a lot about baptism... have I really prepare my heart to serve my Lord? I am scared sometime that I do not have the capability to be used by my Lord... I believe... it is my own fear + Satan's evil plot... that caused fear... putting myself in an extreme point where I think I do not deserve to serve my Lord because I am too useless...

Our Lord really does not need us to serve Him because He is all mighty and He can do everything Himself, with just one word, He creates the universe, creates the light, creates the heaven and earth, creates everything... but He wants to be with us... He love us... but we are not deserved to serve Him... we are sinners... and thankfully, He is willing to come down to our world, sacrifice for us as the eternal lamb... His blood covers our sin, and we are saved because of that... God is willing to forgive us because of the blood of Christ, or else we will die in front of God... you will never want to taste God's wrath...

Baptism... is a symbol of commitment to our Lord... to the church we baptise in. Serving the Lord is such an important role for being a Christian... it helps us to grow spiritually too... you get trained (serving the Lord doesn't mean safe-sailing all the way) and able to taste the goodness in serving Him. Jesus once said that His yoke is light... Haha... yes, if we are depending on His strength... if you only wants to use ur own strength, you just making things miserable for urselves... and you will soon that you can't do it without God's strength. Haha...

Prayers

After I heard about Mr Spurgeon's non-stop prayers for his 5 unbelieving friends from one of the service, I thought... how important are prayers... praying non-stop for his friends... and it took ard 50++ years for all his friends to become believers (they believed in different years, three believes in ard 5, 18, 32 years... the last two took ard 50 yrs before they became believers)... and I think about it myself... have I pray so earnestly and non-stop for my friends? No, I didn't... only pray some time ... when I remember... again... it isn't too late to start praying for them and hope God will remove their obstacle to come for our church's incoming evangelistic meetings.

Don't wanna be blamed

Haha... heard this during today's service... our speaker shared with us a story that a lady of medium age came to speak with him... telling him that she is a Christian. The speaker said, "that's good, how do you become a Christian?" She answered, "God love us so much that I become Christian." My speaker directly asked, "So, you are sure that you can go to heaven after you die?" Surprisingly, that lady replied, "No, whether going to heaven or hell, I will only know after I die."

Then the speaker told her, "You will never go to heaven like this, because your faith is not correct." She wept... the speaker didn't compromise with that by saying "oh sorry that I make you cry..."... the speaker took the chance to spread the true gospel to her. The speaker is actually happy that she wept... meaning she really admit that her faith is wrong... better than she be angry and move away...

The speaker told us that if he didn't told her that her faith is wrong, when she goes in front of God and God put her to hell... she will complain to the Lord abt the speaker, "Hey that guy knows that my faith is wrong, how could he has not correct me?"

Another one that the speaker shared with us this morning (think I have heard this b4, but no harm hearing it again) that there is a christian who always buy pork from this particular stall... after a few years... one day, the butcher told the christian that he is so glad that he has accepted Christ the day before, and want to share this gospel with him... the christian then only told him that... "actually, I have known God a long time before"... the butcher, bewildered, ask... "why have you not tell me of this wonderful Jesus Christ before?"... so what's your response to this story... what if the butcher die without hearing the gospel? He will surely go to the Lord and complain that this christian has never tell him the gospel before...

Yes, whether a person believe in the Lord is God's will, or God's power, or God's blessings... but we, as the children of God, need to go sow the seed, to spread the gospel... no matter whether that person is going to believe in the Lord or not. We just need to sow the seed, as easy as it is! God provides the sun and water for the seed to grow... but we need to sow the seed...

So, brothers and sisters, are you willing to be "blamed" by your non-believing friends/families/relatives before God? If "no" is your answer, let us work together to spread the gospel... pray nonstop for our unbelieving friends/families/relatives. I know it is not an easy thing to do... but we must depend on our Lord to do it... not "try doing it", but DO IT! Haha... not "JUST DO IT" (Nike's motto), but "DEPEND ON THE LORD TO DO IT". Haha... may our God continue to bless us... may we willing be a tool for Him to use effectively... hehe...

Good nitez...

No comments: