Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I want to go home too

Waiting for December

My brother, TungLieng, returned to Brunei yesterday as he is still having his holiday. Haiz, TungNgie and I don't have such luxuries anymore after we started to work, as expected. We don't have long holidays like semester breaks or year-end breaks. We only have public holidays, haha...

The last time I came back to Singapore was May 29, so it has been 4 months that I have not return home to KB, haha... then something came into my mind, the Israelites had been exiled to Babylons for 70 years. Wow, they had been away for that long and it is hard for us to imagine that, haha... they really have to thank God that He has revealed to them that they would return to their land after 70 years. Haha...

There are fixed annual leaves and public holiday during December, thus hopefully we can go back home that time, something like taking 4 days leave, I can have 2 weeks break. Haha... have to plan carefully now. Haha... probably going back too during Chinese New Year? Haha... TungNgie and I had been having our Chinese New year in Singapore for 6 years. Haha... don't mind another year if our Lord doesn't allow us to go back. Haha... He knows what's best for us. Hehe...

Hehe... we have assigned a task for TungLieng this time, asking him to take screenshots of all the menu, forms, etc of the current Eastern system. Anyway, still got a lot of things to learn before we really can make our own Eastern system "useful". Haha... e.g. communicating with the default printers to print what is required.

The Royal Tramp

We saw this title on Channel U one Saturday, 7.30-9.30pm, playing two episodes every weekends nights. Haha... that's one of our leisure for weekends, something to expect from the TV during evening. Haha... TungLieng found that out and went to "torrent" them, thus think he would have watched faster than us by now, haha...

Project 0812 first meeting

After hearing what sister EnnYew told me, I decided to meet the committee coming Saturday (Oct 4) and the aim of the meeting is to tell them the vision and purpose of the outreach event on Dec 8. I have emailed/sms-ed them and awaiting for their replies. For now, I got one reply from Samantha that she can make it. Great to hear. Hehe... the venue I suggesting is Burger King and the time is 2pm, hopefully it isn't that pack. Haha... I got some discount coupons for Burger King, maybe can call a burger and drink for "booking" a table. Haha...

May God continue to speak to me, and pray that I have a heart of a servant, and be encouraged and hardworking, haha... I learnt from this few days of reading the bible that action and faith must go together, or else, either one is consider useless/dead. Haha... very true indeed...

Dinner

TungNgie has tried cooking "sweet-sour" chicken twice and although the meats didn't turn red, the sweet-sour sauce and the meats are nice to eat. They are still a great dinner. Also he tried something like "claypot chicken rice", haha... putting meats, cutted hotdogs and vege in the rice cooker with half-boiled rice in there. Haha... what a way to cook. Haha... anyway, they are very good dinner. You can go to my Picasa Web Album to see them, under the album Home Cook. Haha...

That's all for now I guess. Preparing for what to tell my committee, the vision and purpose of the outreach event (Dec 8).

No comments: