Friday, October 10, 2008

Planning the journey home

Going back to KB

Athough my bro and I do not have a lot of leave this time (we joined during June and the company didn't give us the full leave, but 2/3 of it), we saw some oppurtunity during December where the company has deducted 2 days from our annual leave. Thus including the weekends, we do not have work on Dec 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, Jan 1, 2, 3 and 4. As you can see, we just need to apply leave for Dec 22, 23, 29 and 30. Haha... anyway, I put this in God's hand, and if He allows us to go back to KB, then our bosses will approve our leave for those days. Haha... haven't apply for the leave yet.

Challenging programming task ahead

I received the Software Requirement Specification (SRS) this afternoon regarding my next programming project and it sure doesn't look easy. I thank God that there's someone from my previous project coming along with me to this new one, (sadly it's not my bro). Haha... that friend of mine has better working experience than me, (at least he knows NHibernate, that is to be used in this project)... haha... WPF, something I learned during my previous project, is not used for what I assigned to do (there is a part that uses WPF, but I am not assigned). Haha... what to do? Haha... only pray and trust my Lord that He will bring me through this. Hehe...

Eastern System Client

We have suspend our progress in this our very own project at home for some time now. We are looking on some articles regarding composite WPF, thinking whether we should apply this "pattern & practice" (from Microsoft) in our Eastern System Client or not. Haha... still learning (reading and trying to understand actually), haha... it sure looks "wonderful" from its examples, but it does look complicated as well, especially the definitions and terms. Haha... guess the importance of this is not to rush through, but trying to learn something out of this project as well, haha... but yea... we do still wanna get it done soon, after understanding the composite WPF? Haha... haven't try to program something to get it printed on the printer. Haha... but I am sure the solution should be somewhere out there on the net. Haha...

That's all for now. Thanks to TungNgie for the dinner and the photo (upload to my Home Cook Meal album at TungLeh's Lobby)

2 comments:

Tang said...

think lieng knows something abt Nhibernate oh

Tung Leh said...

haha... i only know that it is some kinda like phpmyadmin, provide a layer for easy coding/querying the database