Saturday, November 15, 2008

In the mid of November

My birthday

My birthday has passed and it is just another day, haha... this year I have some cakes in the pantry with my colleagues and Tung Ngie (of course, haha...). Nothing much, but I like such quiet birthday. Haha, God didn't mention anyword when Christ was born, but human went and cracked a Dec 25. I read that it was actually previously for celebrating the birthday of some idols, sun god. Now they clothes the day with Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ. Really sad to hear that.

Another event, Good Friday and the following Resurrection day (受难日), human (women in this case) previously celebrated some god of fertility, so that they can be blessed with sons or daughters. However, you see that the tradition for this celebration still around, as there are "eggs" in a basket and the rabbit (the symbol for the god of fertility). So, another day clothed. Human trying to be holy? Haha.. I don't know.

Another art

Haha, what's that brown paper? Does it look like a treasure map? Hmm... anyone got any ideas how to make it better? Haha... but please, not too high tech, I am using Photoshop and still an intermediate player.

Work

C1 Integration testing has begun this week, but looks like I have been assigned another task. Hence I don't know how's the progress is like, but I saw my teammates have quite a number of bugs to fix. Haha... early better than never! Hehe... I thank God for all His guidance that I have managed to produce some output to show my boss. Hehe...

Once Tung Ngie is cleared that he can take holidays in the end of Dec, then we will apply for the leave, hehe... that's all.

Project 0812

Looks like Dec 8 is approaching, haha... need to know how the groups are doing, especially the skit group, haha... not sure if they have finalised the scenes and the players, need to check that out. Another thing to check out will be the logistics for the games group. Wonder how's their preparation. Haha...

I came upon a verse today from 1 Peter. "... not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be ..." 1 Peter 5:2. Yea, not because we must, but because we are willing to serve God. Also from the same verse leading to the next, "... not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples ..." 1 Peter 5:2-3. Hehe... I have to keep remind myself the purpose of this event - to share God's word, and not to show forth my own talent. I am suppose to use my talent for the preparation of this event. Hehe... pray that God continues to watch over His children.

That's all. Haha... another weekends!

No comments: