Saturday, December 27, 2008

Prepare my heart

Warning to everyone

This warning is from a forward in my email, and I think it is very important for everyone to realise about this "criminal's trick".

========================================
Dear All,

I am sending this out to alert everybody regarding this incident that happened to me last Saturday when I was in Mid Valley. Just beware, it happened to me & might happen to you or your family members as well...

I was in Mid Valley making my way to Coffee Bean to meet my friend there. There was this Indian guy, aged around 30, well dressed & looked Decent, coming my way right in front of Body Shop & greeted me, 'Hai, Miss , you look happy but recently you have been working too hard... probably you should stop pushing yourself too much & relax a bit..'

Usually, I will brush him off thinking that he is 'chi sin' - crazy. But that day, unusually, I stopped & listened to him,allowing him to continue with his lines for about a minute.

Somehow or rather, fortunately I suddenly felt that something was not right & immediately turned back & moved away from the spot. When I had made my way to Coffee Bean,after sitting down for a few minutes, I felt very dizzy & sleepy.

It took me about half an hour to recover while sitting there. Then, I recalled this Indian guy had a strong fragrant smell while he was talking to me. I do not know how he did it but I was nearly trapped.

Something similar happened to one of my friends in KLIA before but I never expected it to happen in a busy place like Mid Valley. Maybe our mothers are right, do not talk to strangers but they forget to tell us, NOT TO EVEN LISTEN TO STRANGERS.
========================================

Saturday Family Fellowship

Today we had our last family fellowship of the year at brother Eddie and sister Celina home. The fellowship is great and thank God that many brothers and sisters want to share this time. Haha... I want to thank God that Tung Lieng is able to join us as well, hehe...

Brother Eddie shared from Luke 9:57-62 about the cost of following Christ. We know that there is no "free lunch" in the world, i.e. for every benefit we want, we need to pay a price for it. This is the same for salvation, except that Jesus Christ has paid the great price for us. However, to follow Christ way, we need to carry our own cross daily to walk His way. That's exactly right because if we still hold on to the earthly matters, we won't be walking our Lord's way. It is very easy to say "Lord, I will follow you wherever you go", just like the person in verse 57-58. However, are we really know what does it mean by following Christ? When hardship comes, are we still willing to follow our Lord?

Just like Peter told Jesus Christ that "wherever you go, I will follow", but when Jesus Christ had been captured by the guards, he hid away, not dare to admit that he is one of Christ's disciple. To follow Christ, we really need to prepare our heart, clear all earthly things from it so that our Lord Jesus Christ can sit on the throne of our heart. Only then you will have peace, because you know who is in control of everything, and this "someone" wants to give you the best. How fortunate are the saints... we know that we are living on earth for Christ, even when we leave the world, we know where we will be going - going to be with our God the father.

Brother Hock Lee also shared with us about active and passive way of following the Lord. Our Lord wants us to be active to follow His way. Hehe...

Prepare my heart

"Am I ready for baptism? Are my heart ready to serve my Lord wholeheartedly?" these are the questions that I have for the past few months. I know I don't have to be baptise to be saved, but it is a sign of telling the whole world, including my family that "I am serious in following my Lord Jesus Christ!" I want to make my testimony clear to my dad, and I really pray that one day, God will open his eyes and heart, let him see that he is a sinner and there is only this One and Only God who can save him.

I want my dad to know... he doesn't have to care about other gods, because they are all fake god, they can't talk, can't eat, can't move, can't breathe and can't do anything and everything! Paying respect to them? What for I pay respect to a wood? If one think wood is not a very good word for those fake god, then I would say they are just mere art, or art on the pottery, (like china vase)

Many people thought Christianity is a religion, among the Buddhism, Hinduism, Catholic, etc... then if you say you are a Christian, some will ask what denomination your church is... to me, it is as if "Christianity is not a unite group, but fighting against each other, that's why there are so many denomination, so what group is your church in?" It is as if nothing wrong to have a religion of my own... hmm why I don't just create a denomination? Many people also thought that religion is just something people held to "believe" in... to seek comfort (or lying to oneself?) or just to promote good works, can reduce crime and so on...

No, they are all wrong... Christianity is not a religion... it is the truth. In John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father (the One and Only God) except through me. There you have it... only our Lord Jesus Christ dare to make that statement because he really is... let's see if there's such line in other "scripts" where other god write their words. Moreover, bible is the only book that has existed for more than 2000 years, never change, because it is God's words... since God is the same in the past, present and future, His words will never change.

Sunday School day

That's tomorrow... and that will be my first time attending this event, hehe... looking forward for it!

No comments: