Thursday, January 22, 2009

Near to CNY

Break from work

This CNY holiday sure comes at the right time. A break from my work, hehe... I thank God for that. For the past 2 nights, I have been bringing codes home and worked till midnight, latest was 12.30++am only, hehe... not dare to go too late, will harm my body and I can't think properly when I am sleepy. Hehe...

Today I finally solve one of two parts of my bugs... wow... using 4 to 5 days to clear one part. Now the other part, will start clearing them from tomorrow onwards. Not to forget, I need to write unit tests for those codes I have written to solve the bugs. Haha... unit test, tedious job though. Haha... need time to think for the best way to unit test the codes. Hehe...

Anyway, put all these in God's hands and I believe He will lead me through. Hehe... today I am going to sleep earlier than the previous two nights. Hehe...

Shops run wild

The shops here go all out to display their goods, Bee Cheng Hiong (美珍香) has a lot of promotions on their bah kwa... and people still queueing up to buy them during these recession periods. Hehe... I like Chinese New Year because this is the only time I can eat Mandarin, a kind of orange, lu kan.

Haha... I read on one of the brothers' post that he is studying Bahasa Melayu, haha... I thought of some terms near to lu-kan. "luka" is injure, "lupa" is forget and "sukan" is sport (not "lukan"). "lipas" is cockroach, "lepas" is skip or past, "lima" is 5, "limau" is orange or lime, "lalat" is fly. Haha... just for fun xia. Hehe...

Prayer meeting yesterday

Yesterday Brother Hock Lee shared with us Psalm 32:3-5, the different outcome of keeping silent (does not repent from sin) and being open to the Lord (repent, tell God your sin committed)... for keeping silent, we saw that we'll be in danger, feel like no strength (bone crushed) as we know that our sin can't escape from God's eyes... the sin is like a disease or cancer in our body, draining our energy and life.

Surprisingly, if we repent and seek God's forgiveness, the Psalm 32:3-5 says that God is more than willing to forgive us. He wants all of us to have the desire to get near Him, approach Him, seek Him and also, ask for His forgiveness. Although He won't like to see us sinning, He know we are weak, and when we sinned against Him, He wants us to go back to Him, He wants us to tell Him our sin, and He is willng to forgive our sins. In the bible, there also mentions that if we don't repent, God will not forgive our sin.

So, why live a sinful, weary life? Hurry, repent and ask for God's forgiveness, for He is the One and Only God... He is the Only One who can say "I AM who I AM"... He is the Only "I AM" for He created the heaven and the earth... no name is greater than His. He shows us what true love is, so that we can love Him back... but the worldly love is far far different from the true love God shows us.

May all brothers and sisters willing to commit ourselves to our Lord for He is the Only One who can say "I AM who I AM". Let us have the desire to follow our Lord's step, follow His footprints for it is the safest way on the most narrow road. (The broad road, where most are walking on, leads to eternal death, instead of eternal life.)

1 comment:

Tang said...

sport is sukan; not lukan haha...