Saturday, January 03, 2009

Next holiday : End of January

End of Festive "season"

There goes my holidays these two weeks. Next "holiday" will be Jan 26-27, Chinese New Year holiday. One thought in my mind is "I can't wait to go back home in KB." Another thought comes, "so what if I can go back home?".

Well, apart from being together with my family, I am sure that it'll be like wasting time in KB, because I will be sitting around in the living room, play PS2, walk around the house, enjoy my grandma's cooked food, able to play basketball in my own compound (if there's no rain), waiting for the night to come before I go to bed, and there's another day. It'll be somewhat the same for what I am doing now for some Saturdays when there's no church activity, except there's no grandma's wonderful food here. Hehe...

Thus how should we view each day? Hmm... I think how we live for our Lord is that makes the difference. Our Lord wants us to serve Him and think about His words every hour, every minute, every second. Joshua 1:8 says "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

Yet my heart sometimes resisted on following God's word, not willing to sacrifice myself for Him, although I know it is very important to do that, for Romans 12:1 says "Therefore, I (Apostle Paul) urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship." I also know that my Lord is a wonderful God, and He will NEVER short change my life... He will even bless all His children who have the heart to serve Him and sacrifice for Him. I know all these, and many times I have the desire to sacrifice for my Lord.

Having the desire is not enough, the actions must follow on. If there's only desire but no action, it is just NATO (no action, talk only), God will not be pleased. Thus I need to continue to tell myself, and PUSH myself, to do His works.

Memory verses

Our church encourages all of us to read the bible and keep Lord's word in our heart (memorise verses). Hehe... last year, I have memorised from January till June. Due to my laziness, I have not called myself to start this memorising again... it is sad and I have always been NATO in this area of work. Think I need to push myself again, hehe...

"Girls always have room for dessert" I have forgotten where I heard that from, but I don't know if that's true or not. One thing I am sure of is "Christians always have room for God's word", no matter what age we are, or how "poor memory" we admit ourselves be, I am sure our Lord will give us room in our heart and brain to store His word. Thus, it is no excuse for us to say we are not capable to memorise God's word. Hehe... when we are living God's word in our life, then it will be harder for us to forget His word. Hehe...

Some interesting books

I have finished reading one of the fisher books 渔人丛书, #17 - 天路上的忠告. It comprises of the messages spoken by one of the pastors in 香港喜乐福音堂, 胡恩德先生. The content touches on all sorts of teaching for our spiritual walk with Christ. Very interesting I found it to be, and learnt a lot (and the next thing is how do I apply what I learnt in my life). Haha...

Next few books I will be looking at: "Christ among other gods", "Be Skillful" (used for Sunday School) and "The Case for Christ" (gift from my Sunday School teachers). Hehe... how blessed I am with so many books. If you have been to any of my church's libraries (Queenstown and Geylang) , there are many more books, hehe... but the most important thing we have to get straight in our mind is that these books are reference books only, a guide to help us understand the bible in some particular topics or directs us to some passages in the bible that we need to solve our problems (perhaps)... the ultimate book is the bible, God's word. We need to listen to God's word directly ourselves, for it is only there, we can find comfort, strength and grace from our Lord.

No comments: